Take the Easy Path
IT & Communications Maintenance Needs for small to medium
There are always a number of options you could pursue:
- Employ someone either full time or part-time.
But then questions arise such as:
- how do you employ the right staff?
- and if I do employ the right staff can I afford
- Will I always have enough work to keep them employed?
- Employ the services of a Computer Tech on a contract
There are always terms associated with anybody doing work
for you, but do you need a formal contract? Contracts can
be broken anyway, and they are not always easy to enforce.
This cuts both ways.
- Employ the services of InfoComm Engineering without
We don't require a formal contract to service your
business or enterprise. Call us when you need us for
as much time or as little time as you need us. If
you don't like us, don't ask us again. If there is
something you don't like we will see if we can accommodate
you, or find some one who can.
Our Normal Terms and Conditions for services
- Payment for Services within 30 days of the date of
- Goods & Equipment - 7 days for amounts under $2000
Goods & Equipment for amounts of $2000 or more COD,
Direct Deposit, or by PayPal with 2.5% surcharge. Goods
will not be delivered without payment unless other arrangements
- There is 2.5% per month interest charge on all over due
- Accounts over 90 days will be charged debt recovery fees
and referred to our debt collector. Once referred
the debt recovery fee cannot be waived.
- Goods remain the property of InfoComm Engineering until
- All warranty on goods are void if warranty or other
labels are found to be tampered with.
- Warranty on Computer Parts is normally 12 months from
date of supply or invoice which ever is the earlier.
- Warranty does not cover damage to other equipment used
in conjunction with goods.
- Items returned under warranty will be charged at the
standard hourly rate if found to be not faulty.
- Warranty does not cover act of God which includes power
surges from lightning strikes etc.
- Warranty does not cover consequential loss from loss of
data. Customers should have appropriate backup systems in
- All courier and insurance costs will be borne by the
- The hourly rate charged may not be disclosed to any